YOU CAN OWN A DUGAN’S!
START YOUR JOURNEY TO INDEPENDENCE!
Our concepts have been Atlanta’s place for Buffalo Style Chicken Wings for over 30 years! When we say the Original, we mean it!
Chances are, if you ate a wing in the 80’s, it was one of ours!
Our founder introduced Buffalo Wings to Atlanta starting way back in 1979 from a nondescript store front in the now historic Virginia – Highland neighborhood. After several concepts centered on his original wing sauce recipe, and some fine tuning, Dugan’s was born. From that small stand, he went on to open many other locations throughout Atlanta, from downtown to midtown, the Grant Park area, and Stone Mountain.
The concept is a blend of fantastic food, great people, and fun, is now being offered to a select group of licensees in a flawless opportunity for self-employment and financial freedom.
Originally named Patrick Dugan’s Tavern, over the years the place grew, and with it the neighborhood. As the years went on, we dropped the Patrick, and then Tavern, and came to be known as Dugan’s. That brings us to the present, and your opportunity to be part of over 30 years of history and experience!
Dugan’s offers a proof-of-concept menu built around our signature chicken wings, innovative sandwiches, salads, and nachos.
Dugan’s Tavern 1996
Now is your chance to become one of the first licensees in Atlanta, and secure your place in what IS SURE TO be a fast-paced expansion!
Dugan’s is a well-known “name” in the Atlanta area. Anyone can open up a store front and sell wings and other items to folks, but a well-known “name” can be the difference between success and failure.
- Dugan’s has proof of concept, menu and operational periodicals that will ensure you succeed.
- Dugan’s layout is flexible and adaptable for sites both large and small, including both non-traditional and traditional locations.
- The Dugan’s license team will help with site location and work with you capitalizing on second generation restaurant conversions that will save you both time and money.
- Dugan’s licensees will be allowed to operate with the option of serving beer and wine (as permitted by law) as well as full blown, full-service bars complete with beer, wine and liquor. The addition of alcohol sales can add to the overall customer base as well as tremendous profit to the bottom line for the operator.
- Full service pouring locations require additional licensing fees as well as background checks. Experience in the industry by the licensee may be required as well as additional onsite security and insurances policies.
- Dugan’s concept can be personalized! That is to say with Dugan’s concept you can add items or specials to suit the neighborhood.
- Remember our goal your success! That being said we recommend opening with the menu you will be trained on and then add items as you see demand. It’s all about your success! No really, we mean it!
- We are currently offering discounts on Dugan’s licensing fees which are already among the lowest in the industry. This, along with unprecedented opportunities in available retail and second-generation restaurant space along with discounted rents make this the perfect time to find your new Dugan’s location!!
* Some rules and restrictions apply and will vary according to the length of time your location has been open, your level of experience and ability to show us you can execute the product or special properly.
Can I convert my current restaurant to a Dugan’s?
Yes! This is a great option for those folks who have a location and experience in the industry but need the boost the Dugan’s name, reputation and knowledge our team can offer.
Can I pick my own location?
Yes. We can recommend sites and guild you as you go through the rental process if you like but, it’s up to you. We are here to help.
Does Dugan’s offer financing?
No, but we can recommend lenders and equipment leasing companies that can help.
Do I need experience in the restaurant industry?
No, but we do recommend that you hire persons who do. We will train you but as with anything a working knowledge is helpful. We want you to succeed so we can offer more training as needed.
How long will the process take?
The process will vary depending on the location size, buildout needed, licensing and other factors but plan on 3 to 6 months.
What are the licensing fees and how much are they?
Licensing fees are the monies paid for the right or ability to use the Dugan’s name, menu and overall concept. The fee for the first licensees in the Atlanta area will be a discounted $15,000.00 one-time fee per location.
What are monthly royalty fees and how much?
Royalties are monthly fees paid for the ongoing use of the name and concept; Dugan’s. These fees will vary based on the size of the location whether or not the location offers beer and wine or a complete liquor license.
Do you offer discounts for military veterans?
Yes! As a veteran we know that you already have the drive and discipline needed to run a great location! Contact us!
KEYS TO SUCCESS
Own A Dugan’s in five simple steps: Dugan’s Licensee approval | Location selection | Buildout of location | Local licensing and approval | Grand Opening!
- $15,000 – $400,000
- A minimum of $100,000 liquid is recommended. Other monies from lending institutions may factor into the overall project. However, your long-term success is our goal which is why we recommend the amount of non-financed funds that we do.
FRANCHISE AGREEMENT SPECIFICS
- License fee: $15,000 + Additional $5,000 for liquor pouring locations
- Licensing monthly fee: $1200 flat fee + $3 per square foot. $4 for liquor pouring locations
- License term: 10 years with renewals every 5 years
LET’S GET STARTED